Sunday, July 09, 2006

Getting Settled and Sad News


We are settling into married life quite well. Mark is telling everyone that I am a housewife for the summer however I prefer to be retired for the summer. We have our bedroom and most of the kitchen the way that we want it. No pictures really on the wall but that is what being newly married is all about.

I decided that I wanted a new faucet (instead of the builder grade one that came with the house 11 years ago). The old faucet was stuck in the sink so we decided to replace the sink. Well the sink was glued to the counter... Just kidding. It was a week long process that I am glad is behind us.

We purchased the grill and promptly christened it with some delicious strip steaks and our signature potatoes. So good!
Mark and I have turned on the comment approval. If you leave a comment it will not show up until Mark or I approve it. Just wanted to let everyone know so you aren't leaving multiple comments and wondering why they aren't showing up.

In sad news...

Rose Mary passed away on July 5. As many of you know she had been really sick for a long time. She was an interesting lady with some quirks. Rose Mary gave us plenty of material over the years. What! I wonder what he is thinking. Is that a speck of dust over there?

I spent a lot of time with Rose Mary when she lived here. No matter how hard she was to take she is dear to me and I will miss her. I know that she is with her Clay. They are probably enjoying a smoke and a drink like she wanted to.

Rest in peace Rose Mary 1922 - 2006. You will be missed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes,it is sad that Rose Mary is gone but we know without a doubt that she is with her Clay now. She was a character but endearing too. We will miss her antedotes and some of her favorite sayings. We have been remembering a few. Here are some:
"Why didn't you tell me I got old"
"You've gained weight haven't you.
"That makes me so damn mad!"
"So far so good but it is early" She would say this every morning in Denver when we asked her how she was doing.
Glad to see you are continuing the blog. Take some pictures of the bedroom and Kitchen if you get a chance. Love you both, Aunt Deb and Livi